Fall has arrived. Cold weather and holidays will be here before you know it. During the next couple weeks its time to buckle down and get a few things done before the cold weather rears its ugly head!
- Process any fresh foods you are going to be storing.
- Clean and check gutters
- Check caulking
- Wash the windows
- Clean up gardens
- Rake leaves
- Treat the lawn
- Plant spring bulbs when the temperature is consistently below 60
- Test your heat
- Change the filter
- Get the car winter-ready – Change oil, check fluids, tire pressure, tire wear, wiper blades, fill window washer fluid, and listen for any weird noises.
- Wash coats, scarves, etc. if you didn’t last spring.
- Wash any blankets that need it.
- Clean carpets
- Check all batteries – smoke alarms, alarm clocks, thermostats, etc.
- Do you need an air conditioner cover, or a cover for your outdoor faucet?
I have had the thermostat battery die during the night more than once…