We’re working on getting the kitchen cleaned and ready for the holidays.
OK, on to week 2…
- Keep up the routines from last week. They take less time when you keep up with them.
- Now, every night, wipe out one cabinet or drawer.
- Restack and organize the contents.
- Stack pans and lids by size. Use a stacker or put a paper towel in between fry pans to protect their surfaces.
- Sort through plastic containers. Again, stack by size. If pieces are mismatched, throw them away. You won’t use them and they are just taking up valuable space.
- If you’re like me, you save disposable plastic containers for sending food home with people during the holidays. Keep those in a box in the laundry room or garage.
- Go through the pantry and fridge. Throw out all expired food and wipe down shelves.
- While you’re at it, take inventory of dishes, glasses and flatware. Oh, and spices. Do you have enough for the holidays?
- If you have wood finish cabinets and they are clean now, finish up with a coat of lemon oil. Not too heavy though.
Now, here’s the secret –
Keep up your good habits. Wipe the kitchen down every night. Put pans and plastic containers back where they go. Don’t just throw them in the cabinet. A few seconds now saves you hours later!
Doesn’t your clean kitchen feel good?